MARK GHOSH, MBA, MS
938 Pimlico Park * Holland, OH 43528 * (419) 461-3465 * mark at wltc.net
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Solutions-driven, distinguished, and motivated information technology executive with a 13-year track record of strategically focused experience in the design, implementation, and management of highly successful IT organizational infrastructures. Hands-on experience leading all stages of system development efforts combined with the desire to drive for effective and efficient work, applying both reactive and preventive leadership to achieve quality results. Critical thinker and adept negotiator, expert in managing people, technology, and processes. Outstanding program leader with the demonstrated ability to coordinate and direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating, and guiding teams.
- Diversified education in the fields of Computer Science and Business Administration that includes two masters degrees.
- Over 12 years of IT experience combined with four years of management experience. Leadership experience in motivating and leading a team of ten direct reports.
- Hands-on experience in the areas of computing technology and programming with the demonstrated ability to achieve results without compromise to drive complex projects and solutions.
SELECTED CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Spearheaded the development of an electronic bill presentment and payment application utilized by 200,000+ customers to view and pay their bill online, resulting in the monthly collection of $1.5 million in payments.
- Led a team in the development and launch of a workforce management application utilized by 200+ field technicians, resulting in a 94%+ on-time maintenance and installation performance rating.
- Collaborated on an automated disconnect application, terminating cable service to late paying customers resulting in an operational savings in excess of $500K and reduced truck rolls by 5,000.
- Slashed clerical time and expense associated with the collection and distribution of internal documents for authorization with the development of an internal document management and routing system.
- Oversaw the planning, development, and launch of multiple contest applications used to register 100,000+ users to play games and win company prizes.
SHERWIN WILLIAMS, Cleveland, OH * 2012-Present
Team Lead, Internet Services, Web Application Maintenance
BUCKEYE CABLESYSTEM, Toledo, OH * 2004-Present
Manager, Application Development & Support (2008-2012)
Responsible for leading application development and support initiatives, leveraging experience and technical expertise to enhance company technology resources and applications.
- Led the development and management of a team of software engineers, analysts, and designers in the creation, implementation, and support of a consolidated web presence and data provisioning system; provided oversight and guidance in all phases of the project to ensure all performance and project deliverables are met on time and within project scope.
- Collaborated with Cable Industry Consortium, CABLELABS, and OCAP/Tru2way Initiative in the implementation of the Tru2way platform of the future.
- Coordinated the management and delivery of several multi-department projects ranging from set top box deployments, online subscriber management systems, and online photo albums to subscriber usage analysis and accounting.
- Implemented change management and modern project management policies within AD&S Department.
- Languages and technologies in use during this tenure include ColdFusion, Perl, C#, ASP.NET, SQL, TSQL, ROR, PHP, CSS, SOAP.
Software Engineer, IP Engineering (2004-2008)
Software developer and project lead on a diverse range of corporate projects focused on the enhancement of the features and value of Buckeye’s product offerings through the development and maintenance of advanced media management and distribution applications.
- Spearheaded the development and launch of a company-wide automated credit card payment system and a photo application-sharing program providing storage and sharing capability for hundreds of thousands of photos.
- Worked extensively with various vendors in the development and modification of RFCs, improving performance compatibility with new technology while increasing interoperability and productivity.
- Increased system automation and performance with the upgrading of internal management scripts and websites to maintain high-speed data networks.
- Consolidated security and enhanced stability of Linux and Sun systems in the core network.
- Applications utilized: ColdFusion, Perl, SQL, TSQL, PHP, CSS, SOAP, and Linux Bash Scripting.
WORDPRESS FOUNDATION, San Francisco, CA * 2009-Present
One of the original developers involved in the development and evangelism of the fantastic WordPress Blog platform, providing oversight and guidance in leading open source software initiatives.
UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO, Toledo, OH * 2003-2004
Assistant System Administrator, EECS Department
Enhanced Electrical Engineering and Computer Science class communications by writing automated scripts to update websites, securely post grades, allow online project submission, and implement discussion lists.
- Established and maintained distance learning labs utilizing video conferencing technology.
ENGINEERING COLLEGE COMPUTING, Toledo, OH * 2003
Directly responsible for the development and oversight of computer lab security functions in Windows system environment, investigating known and potential virus threats, conducting security audits for distance learning labs while implementing Samba integration efforts.
- Boosted server performance by automating server messaging and implementing VBScript for message delivery.
DIRECT COMPUTER, Toledo, OH * 1999-2002
Manager, Service & Project
Provided direct oversight and leadership over project and operational development for 50+ small and mid-sized companies, leading the design and development of customized network systems and hardware and support functions, working directly with customers in the research and documentation of project deliverables and specifications.
- Led team in eliminating security loopholes, analyzing systems for secure shell transactions, and conducting risk analysis of shared web resources.
THE COLLEGE OF WOOSTER, Wooster, OH * 1998-1999
Improved user satisfaction by providing solid technical support for Macintosh and Linux workstations and network servers.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
Master of Business Administration, International Business (GPA 3.9)
Master of Computer Science & Engineering (GPA 3.9)
College of Wooster, Wooster, OH
Bachelor of Arts in Physics * Minor: English (GPA 3.2)
Former President, Business Network International, Toledo Chapter (BNI)